- Hormel turkey pepperoni - I got our current pack on sale at Aldi but I'm sure they can be found at Food Lion and Harris Teeter.
- Popcorn - we pop ours on the stove top using coconut oil and adding a little bit of salt once it's popped
- Rice krispy treats - I try to keep individual portions in the freezer.
- Fresh fruit - we do a lot of oranges, apples, bananas and grapes right now. I can't wait for the Spring so we can have yummy berries.
- Baby carrots - these are hit and miss. She especially loves the teeny tiny ones.
- Peanut butter banana bites
- Smoothies - like this one, or one of these, or this one, or this one,
- Nuts - she likes most everything she's tried but we typically stick with pistachios and peanuts
- Peanut butter on a spoon - our kids LOVE this!
- Raisins, cranberries
- Peanut butter cookies - again, I keep these in the freezer.
- Chex cereal - they have some really good flavors now that are gluten free! Our favorites are the honey nut and cinnamon.
- Plain potato chips
- Corn tortilla chips - she tried guacamole the other night and liked it. Occasionally she'll eat salsa or dip that I've made
- Yogurt - yes, this is dairy....but it doesn't seem to bother her. And, she doesn't get it all the time. Maybe once a week. I either make some or I will buy a plain, greek yogurt. I like Fage. We have recently been using this in place of sour cream. Delicious. For snacking I usually mix in a little honey or homemade jam or fresh fruit.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Favorite Gluten and Dairy Free Snacks
Just thought it would be helpful to list the things Savannah enjoys for snacks that are gluten and dairy free.