- 4 Tbs Earth Balance Butter (we buy the soy free kind) OR 4 Tbs coconut oil (YUM!)
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- Heat dairy-free butter or coconut oil on low heat until almost melted.
- Add marshmallow and heat slowly in a large saucepan, with little to no stirring, until the marshmallows are almost melded together. Be patient.
- Stir gently until the marshmallows resemble marshmallow cream. The marshmallow cream should be light and fluffy. If you heat too quickly, it will become tough and sticky, making for a tough treat. If using coconut oil, it will seem like the oil is not stirring in at first, but gently continue to incorporate it in until you don’t see any more in the edges of the pan.
- When it is creamy and the butter or oil is blended in, turn off the heat, and pour the rice cereal into the pan, gently blending the marshmallow with the cereal until evenly distributed.
- Pour into any kind of greased pan and let cool .
We cut these into individual size pieces and wrap in freezer paper. Having a stash in the freezer makes for a quick and easy snack. Our kids will eat them frozen!