Thursday, January 26, 2012

Everything Vegan Smoothie

I ran across this recipe somewhere online.  It's very tasty - both of the kids liked it!

I love adding in spinach to our fruit smoothies.  When we first started out we added a little spinach to a lot of fruit.  We slowly worked our way towards more spinach and less fruit.  Our taste buds didn't seem to mind the gradual shift.



Everything Vegan Smoothie
Ingredients:

  • 1/2 C almond milk
  • 1/2 C red grapes
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 2 baby carrots
  • 1 C frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 C fresh broccoli
  • 1/2 C baby spinach leaves
  • 1/2 C pineapple
  • 1/4 of a banana
  • 1 C ice
Directions:
  • Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!  

Side note - I bought myself a Ninja Master Prep Pro Blender for Christmas.  LOVE IT!  We drink lots of smoothies and have gone through lots of cheap-o blenders in the past.  The selling point for me on this one was the 3 blades scattered up the middle.  I also love the pour spout and that the motor just attaches to the top.  Makes clean up super easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment