Monday, March 12, 2012
Gluten/Dairy Free Brownies
1.5 cups dairy free chocolate chips, melted (we use Enjoy Life brand)
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder*
1. Melt chocolate chips and set aside.
2. Add 2 eggs and the beans in a food processor or blender until pureed (we love our Ninja!).
3. Add last 2 eggs and pulse to combine.
4. Place melted chocolate, sugar and baking powder in processor or blender with bean mixture and pulse until combined and smooth.
5. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until set.
*If you like your brownies more dense and less cake-like use 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
I think this recipe would make pretty good cupcakes - or even a cake!