Raisin Bran Breakfast Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup milk, warmed (I forgot to warm mine...oops...still worked)
- 1 heaping cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (this makes the muffins! it gives them a nice nutty flavor)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line muffin pan, or spray with non-stick spray
- Put cereal in a bowl with the milk and leave it for about 5 minutes, until cereal is soft. Having milk warm helps with this.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl. Stir in raisins.
- In smaller bowl beat egg, brown sugar and oils together. Add to flour mixture.
- Pour in milk/cereal mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan and sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until firm.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan then transfer.
These last in an air-tight container for about 5 days....or keep a few out and freeze the rest for later!
Original post: http://dreawood.com/2012/01/raisin-bran-breakfast-muffin/