Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Zucchini Crescent Pie

This is a recipe I got from my sister-in-law.  I changed the amount of butter...using less than the original recipe.  I also put crescent rolls on top and bottom.
I really enjoy it but it's not on the favorite list of the rest of the crowd.  They will eat it but won't ask for it.
This is perfect in the summer when zucchini are in abundance and I have fresh parsley, oregano and basil in my herb garden.  Dried herbs will work fine but the fresh put it over the top.  I'll also add that the mustard is what really makes this dish.  I even like to dip mine in a little mustard just before I take a bite.

Prep time:  30 minutes
Cook time:  20 minutes
Serves:  6

Ingredients:
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
2 eggs
8 oz shredded mozzarella
1 package (8ct) crescent rolls
2-3 tablespoons mustard

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook zucchini, onions, and butter over medium heat in a saucepan for about 7 minutes.
Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano and cook for 7 1/2 more minutes.
While cooking lay 4 crescent rolls flat into small casserole dish.  Press together so they make a crust with no holes.  Spread mustard evenly over dough.
Remove veggies from heat.
Whip eggs and cheese, stir well.
Add to vegetables, stir well.
Pour mixture into casserole dish lined with dough and mustard.  Top with remaining 4 crescent rolls.
Bake 18-20 minutes (until the center sets).  Cover the crust with foil for the last 10 minutes so it doesn't burn.
Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.


Serving suggestions:  
I usually serve salad along with this.  We really like salad and I enjoy making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment